Wednesday, September 15, 2010

10 things I hate about me (or wishing for baked funyuns)

Recently, I've become quite the insightful being.   Well, I guess it hasn't been all that recent - I've always been somewhat insightful.  But when you getuptakeashowerwakeupthekidsgeteverybodydressed (take a breath) cookbreakfasttakemthemtoschoolgotoworkcomehomecook (inhale) dinnergetbathsputthemtobed  time is not on your side for thinking of oneself.

Hell, I forgot to shave one of my legs this morning.  How is that for having presence of mind.

So in this journey of self-rediscovery, and in trying to decide if my present situation has anything to do with me stumbling somewhere along the way, I decided to make a list of things I don't like about me.  Maybe next time I'll do a bright and shiny happy list.

1. I don't mind doing laundry, but hate putting it away.

2.  Those 3 little scars on my face from when I had chicken pox.

3.  I want to be an artist, but can't draw.

4.  I'm easily distracted.

5. Although I don't need plastic surgery now, I'm not too vain to consider it in the future.

6.  I have red hair.  (OK, this one is not so bad now, but was when I was 13).

7.  I cry when I get mad.

8.  I'm afraid of getting old.

9.  I'm afraid of not being happy.

10.  I'm afraid of being insignificant.

But aren't we all...

No comments:

Post a Comment